Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Just a Day

I had a good day at work today.  I am getting more proficient at my job.  Today it took me two hours to do something that took me two (very difficult) days last month.  At lunch, I walked to the Cathedral for Mass.  On the way back to my building, I took this photo of crabapple blossoms (I think).  I thought it was cute that Denver's most recognizable building was in the background.

I love the stained glass in the Cathedral - it is massive and everywhere.  I would like to take a closer photo of some of these windows - but I always feel so sheepish about taking photos in a church.  It just seems like I am sneaking something.  I am sure it is OK, but it just feels funny to me. (I don't take them during Mass.)

This afternoon, I got a text that my son is out of Afghanistan.  Oh. Thank. God.  What a long year this has been.  I have gotten increasingly worried about the situation in Afghanistan.  I am just grateful that my son is no longer there.  In a few days he will be vacationing with his beautiful bride.   And in a few more days, he will be home with his baby and his momma and his sisters.  (well, and his dad too, but that is not my dealeo yo.)

So, it was just a day.  A good one in so many ways.  A sober one for sure.

I am grateful to be the recipient of God's loving mercy.  I get to live in that every day.  All I have to do is look around and be grateful.

It is good.

11 comments:

Syd said...

So glad that your son is out and coming home. That is awesome. Beautiful cathedral.

Hope said...

Yes, really happy for you that your son is on his way home. Not having a cathedral close by I love the pictures you take of yours.

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Great news about your son.

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

What a beautiful day! Rich in gratitude and color! :)

YAY GOD!

dAAve said...

Wonderful news about your son. Whew!

Kathy said...

So happy to hear that your son is safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

The best news! YAY! Love the white walls with the beautiful contrasting stained glass in the cathedral.

SoberMomWrites said...

Love the pics but love so much more that your son is coming home!!!! Yay God!

Sherry

Debbi said...

Very happy to know your son is out of Afghanistan and on his way home. Looking forward to the day when they all come home.

Anonymous said...

Great news about your son..won't it be wonderful to be all together and safe!

Kary May said...

I am so glad your son is on his way home. I know how it feels. We try as hard as we can to keep the worry from intruding while they are over there and sometimes are able to forget it is there until we hear they are on the way home and we can heave a big sigh of relief.